Thank you for waiting on my return


Oh my goodness gang, I have been away too long!!  I pulled up my blog, because I knew it had been awhile since I posted, but it has been since February... FEBRUARY!!  

I am truly sorry to leave you all hanging, but I can explain (a.k.a the excuses).  A lot of things have happened over the last few months.  



 There were some birthdays along the way. Allison turned 17.  She is gluten free, so we had root beer floats instead of birthday cake.  



Hannah turned 14.  Over the last 19 years I have made several birthday cakes every year.  During that time at least 5 of my kids have turned 14.  However, when I pulled out the candles to put on her cake, there was no number 4.  So...we improvised.  Thank goodness for her wicked since of humor.  

And Hayden turned 12.  My baby isn't a baby any more.  He is turning into quite the neat little gentleman.  And he loves angel food cake (which he has forever called angel bread cake).













Hannah graduated the 8th grade.















Olivia graduated High school. (She's the one next to Steve in the blue dress).


There were some remodeling projects started.  Just started.... after pictures to come  when and if we get these tasks completed.






These are pictures of a shower we are planning on updating, a bedroom wall that sprung a leak and a kitchenette all in the basement.  Out of sight out of mind for now.  










Hayden got stitches....











......I got stitches.

And then Steve and I ran away from home and had a Florida vacation.




The kids started school. Alli is a senior this year.  Samuel is a junior.  Hannah is a freshman. Hayden is a 7th grader.  Time sure flies.




We have two in college.  Another one is trying to figure out life and whether or not it involves college for her.









 And these two decided to make us grandparents sometime in March. 















Allison made it through senior night, with very few tears even though it was her last year of tennis.


My baby brother got married!!  We have loved and considered Cheryl a member of our family for the last 13 years, but Curtis finally decided to make it official. Good things come to those who wait!



Hannah got festive and decorated some pumpkins.  I love when the kids get excited about hanging out and doing a project in the shop.








We have had quite a busy Summer. There were projects in the shop, that Steve had to get completed, a well pipe that busted and had to be repaired, and just life in general, but I still found some time to craft and create.  More to come on that later.

It's good to be back.

Here's to your journey to happy, healthy, and whole ~


~tracelaine









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personalized Hall Pass for teachers

Do you want to join me for a craft class?